We have experience on real estate matters across Turkey. Our practice is strengthened through our long-term partnerships with experienced land and zoning experts.
- Our practice includes due diligence review of real estate assets.
- Our lawyers have experience on the purchase or sale of real estate assets by way of auctions, share deals, asset deals or joint venture structures.
- We also represent our clients in state courts, and domestic and international arbitration concerning real estate matters.
Our expertise on IP & IT law ranges from litigation and arbitration of intellectual property and licensing disputes, to matters relating to know-how protection, unfair competition and domain names.
- We represent clients in disputes arising out of licensing, R&D, technology transfer, franchising, distribution and sponsorship agreements.
- Our lawyers are authorized by the Turkish Patent and Trademark Office to represent their clients as trademark and patent attorneys.
We have significant experience concerning domain name disputes before arbitration institutions such as the WIPO Arbitration and Mediation Center.
We regularly deal with employment related matters, covering both collective and individual employment law aspects.
- We represent our clients in employment litigation.
- We advise our clients on employment law-related issues in international set-ups and in connection with international and domestic M&A transactions.
- We also represent our clients concerning individual and collective labour contracts.
For decades, we have been successfully advising family-owned enterprises and private clients in contentious and non-contentious matters.
- We provide advice on:
- Succession planning and structuring of private wealth and business assets.
- Governance structures (including family constitutions) for the efficient transfer of wealth and control of family businesses.
- We handle complex national and international estates’ litigation matters.
We advise corporations and individuals on all aspects of taxation with a strong focus on transactions, tax audits, disputes and investigations.
- Our practice includes representation of our clients before tax authorities and tax courts.
- We have extensive expertise in administrative law issues. Our extensive experience with administrative courts and authorities is a crucial factor for success in this field.
We provide legal advice on all spectrum of public and administrative law, and support companies in public procurement procedures as well as represent them before administrative courts in disputes arising from such.
- We have experience in all aspects of administrative proceedings and we represent our clients before administrative courts and the Administrative Court of Appeal (Danıştay).
- We provide advice on regulatory aspects in various sectors (e.g. media, telecommunications, energy, construction, environment, automotive, healthcare).
- We deal with public authorities on all aspects of administrative law related to public procurement.
- We provide advice and support to national and international clients during all stages of procurement procedures, including participating in tenders under applicable pieces of legislation.
Our experts of criminal law are renowned across Turkey as the country’s leading litigation partners in white collar crime legal practice. İpek | Akbal Schwimann has extensive experience in the representation of corporations, financial institutions, boards of directors, management and other individuals in connection with government investigations, enforcement actions and white-collar criminal prosecutions.
- We act as advisors, defence counsels or as representatives of victims.
- In internal investigations, advice and representation on criminal law issues is a key driver of our success.
- We advise on compliance issues arising under regulations related to anti-money laundering, insider dealing, securities fraud, hedge fund fraud, stock manipulation, market conduct, anti-corruption, embezzlement and tax evasion.
- We advise on corporate and directors’ criminal liability, including criminal liability in insolvency situations.
Our Team is comprised of experts in investment arbitration proceedings conducted under the ICSID Convention’s Rules (ICSID).
- We regularly analyze the different levels of protection afforded to investors under international treaties and advise on the structuring of investments.
- We advise foreign investors on investment protection regimes and support them in their negotiations with governments, state representatives and state-owned entities concerning government support agreements, production sharing arrangements, Public-Private Partnership (PPP) projects and similar arrangements.
At IAS Partners, we deal with complex arbitration matters, not only in Turkey and under Turkish law, but globally and under various national laws. Our team’s diversity brings great benefits to handling matters governed by a wide array of laws, in various languages, taking into account the cultural framework.
We act as counsel in disputes of all types and magnitude, including large, complex, multi-jurisdictional commercial and investment disputes. We represent multinational corporations, small and medium-size businesses and individual investors.
- Our representations range from pre-arbitration advice over negotiation strategies to mediation, conciliation, adjudication, arbitration to arbitration-related litigation and strategies in Turkey and Europe.
- Our team also has unrivalled experience in setting-aside proceedings and enforcement proceedings.